Dallas Police Standoff Ends Peacefully
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A police standoff in Dallas ended peacefully on Thursday morning after seven hours. The incident began shortly after 11:00 p.m. Wednesday night near the intersection of Royal Lane and Park Village Place. Authorities reported to the area because a woman had barricaded herself inside of a home and refused to come out.
The woman was reportedly armed and officials were concerned that she might have had mental issues. Officers worked throughout the night to negotiate with the suspect. Dallas SWAT was called to the scene as well.
Flash bombs and other tactics were used in an attempt to lure the barricaded woman out of the home.
The woman was eventually taken into police custody just after 6:00 a.m. Thursday morning. There were no injuries reported.
- Arlington Hopes, College Champion Game Means National Attention
- Option Of Paper or Plastic May Be No More In Dallas
- Senator Ted Cruz Leans Toward 2016 Presidential Run
- Mexican Cartels Ramp Up Human Smuggling Business
- North Texans March In Labor Day Parade For Higher Wages
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures