FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Fort Worth Opera is asking for people to keep their phones and tablets on during tonight’s performance for the organization’s third social media night.
It’s an effort to reach out to younger generations and introduce them to opera.
Audience members will tweet and Facebook during Thursday night’s final dress rehearsal of “Cosi Fan Tutte.”
For the first time, Fort Worth Opera is partnering up with the Social Media Club of Fort Worth. Its members will have special seating at the event.
The Fort Worth Opera says they hope the event helps bring in more people who may have never given opera a chance.
Thursday’s performance is invitation only, but if you join the conversation with #Cosi or #FWOFEST14, you just might get invited to the next event.
The show’s premiere is Saturday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Students Trek South To Help Another Football Team
- “Extremely Dangerous” Dam Failure Prompts Evacuations In Puerto Rico
- Tens Of Millions Of Dollars Remain In Past Dallas Bond Programs
- Wheels And Warbirds Come To Addison
- Big Tex, Extra Security In Place As Preparations Continue For State Fair
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures