FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Fort Worth Opera is asking for people to keep their phones and tablets on during tonight’s performance for the organization’s third social media night.
It’s an effort to reach out to younger generations and introduce them to opera.
Audience members will tweet and Facebook during Thursday night’s final dress rehearsal of “Cosi Fan Tutte.”
For the first time, Fort Worth Opera is partnering up with the Social Media Club of Fort Worth. Its members will have special seating at the event.
The Fort Worth Opera says they hope the event helps bring in more people who may have never given opera a chance.
Thursday’s performance is invitation only, but if you join the conversation with #Cosi or #FWOFEST14, you just might get invited to the next event.
The show’s premiere is Saturday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hurst Couple Loses Home, Suffer Serious Injuries After Explosion
- Two Years Later: Terri “Missy” Bevers Murder Still Unsolved
- FAA Will Order Enhanced Inspections Of Engine Model That Blew Up
- Houstonians ‘Proud’ To Call Barbara Bush A Neighbor
- NASA’s Tess Spacecraft Embarks On Quest To Find New Planets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures