Fort Worth Opera Hosts Social Media Night
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Fort Worth Opera is asking for people to keep their phones and tablets on during tonight’s performance for the organization’s third social media night.
It’s an effort to reach out to younger generations and introduce them to opera.
Audience members will tweet and Facebook during Thursday night’s final dress rehearsal of “Cosi Fan Tutte.”
For the first time, Fort Worth Opera is partnering up with the Social Media Club of Fort Worth. Its members will have special seating at the event.
The Fort Worth Opera says they hope the event helps bring in more people who may have never given opera a chance.
Thursday’s performance is invitation only, but if you join the conversation with #Cosi or #FWOFEST14, you just might get invited to the next event.
The show’s premiere is Saturday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DPD Investigating Possible Attempted Abduction
- Texas, Oklahoma Governors Wager Barbecue For Homeless
- Request Denied To Make Bergdahl Interrogation Public
- Monarch Butterflies Entering Mexico On Migration
- VIDEO: Man Snatches Woman’s Purse At Galleria Parking Garage
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures