Live-Action Barbie Comedy In Development
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Barbie is coming alive.
Sony Pictures, Mattel and Parkes+MacDonald/Image Nation have partnered to create a live-action movie focused on the iconic doll.
The companies said Wednesday the comedy will be written by Jenny Bicks (“What a Girl Wants”) and produced by husband-and-wife team Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald (“Men in Black 3″).
Executive producers will be Parkes+MacDonald president Marc Resteghini and Julia Pistor for Mattel’s Playground Productions.
Sony sees the film as a global franchise and plans to go into production by the end of the year.
It’s the second collaboration for Mattel and Sony. The companies are developing the film adaptation of “Masters of the Universe,” based on Mattel action figures.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Families With Special Military Bond Don’t Let Icy Roads Cancel Event
- Fort Worth ISD’s Only Superintendent Pick Withdraws Nomination
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures