LOS ANGELES (AP) – Barbie is coming alive.
Sony Pictures, Mattel and Parkes+MacDonald/Image Nation have partnered to create a live-action movie focused on the iconic doll.
The companies said Wednesday the comedy will be written by Jenny Bicks (“What a Girl Wants”) and produced by husband-and-wife team Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald (“Men in Black 3”).
Executive producers will be Parkes+MacDonald president Marc Resteghini and Julia Pistor for Mattel’s Playground Productions.
Sony sees the film as a global franchise and plans to go into production by the end of the year.
It’s the second collaboration for Mattel and Sony. The companies are developing the film adaptation of “Masters of the Universe,” based on Mattel action figures.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips From CBS11 Story Lead To Felony Theft Warrant For Suspect
- FDA Approves New Non-Surgical Weight Loss Procedure
- Irving Mayor Leaving For Job In Trump Administration
- Student In Richland Hills Brings BB Gun To School
- Ex Punk-Rocker O’Rourke Launches Longshot Bid Against Cruz
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures