New App Created In Dallas Saves Lives In Storms
DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Instead of relying on the sounds or the sight of a potentially deadly thunderstorm, you can now rely on an app called, “Pocket Perry.”
The creator says the smartphone app tracks lighting strikes in real time and alerts the user to get out of harm’s way.
Collin Perry with Perry Weather Consulting and the company Creative Gurus came up with the idea.
Schools and PGA tour groups are now actively using it.
The app is available at the Apple Store. Just type in Pocket Perry for the free download – or click here.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Christie Promises Blunt 2016 Campaign
- Snake Found In Toilet At North Texas Museum
- North Texas To Start Spraying For West Nile
- Curry Passes LeBron As NBA’s Top Jersey
- Paramedics & Driver Walk Away After Ambulance Wreck
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures