DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Instead of relying on the sounds or the sight of a potentially deadly thunderstorm, you can now rely on an app called, “Pocket Perry.”
The creator says the smartphone app tracks lighting strikes in real time and alerts the user to get out of harm’s way.
Collin Perry with Perry Weather Consulting and the company Creative Gurus came up with the idea.
Schools and PGA tour groups are now actively using it.
The app is available at the Apple Store. Just type in Pocket Perry for the free download – or click here.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures