New App Created In Dallas Saves Lives In Storms
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Instead of relying on the sounds or the sight of a potentially deadly thunderstorm, you can now rely on an app called, “Pocket Perry.”
The creator says the smartphone app tracks lighting strikes in real time and alerts the user to get out of harm’s way.
Collin Perry with Perry Weather Consulting and the company Creative Gurus came up with the idea.
Schools and PGA tour groups are now actively using it.
The app is available at the Apple Store. Just type in Pocket Perry for the free download – or click here.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jacksonville Jaguars Place All Of Their Eggs In Basket Of Blake Bortles
- Former DPD Officer Guilty In Beating Of Suspect Jailed
- Rocket Explodes During Test Flight; No Injuries
- Man Indicted For Aiming Laser Pointer At Aircraft
- Officer’s Association Calling For FWPD Chief’s Resignation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures