Harris Boosts Mavs vs Spurs Again – 8 Years Later
DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Devin Harris was a young lottery pick the last time he helped the Dallas Mavericks have an answer for San Antonio’s Tony Parker in the playoffs.
Eight years, three trades and one toe operation later, he’s doing it again.
Harris is even the leading scorer for Dallas — yes, ahead of Dirk Nowitzki — with the first-round series tied heading into Game 3 in Dallas on Saturday.
Harris was in his second season in 2006 when his speed changed the series and the Mavericks knocked off the top-seeded Spurs in seven games.
The 31-year-old Harris has offensive help from Monta Ellis and a defensive stopper in Shawn Marion on his side this time. But he’s enjoying matching up with Parker again.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Good Samaritan Saves Woman From Gym Screwdriver Stabbing
- Dallas Shark Attack Survivor Talks About Experience, Recovery
- NFL VP Of Officiating Dean Blandino Joins Ben & Skin
- Fort Worth Stock Show Goes Pink
- Aviation Company Moving Into Vacant Alliance Airport Hanger
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures