DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Devin Harris was a young lottery pick the last time he helped the Dallas Mavericks have an answer for San Antonio’s Tony Parker in the playoffs.
Eight years, three trades and one toe operation later, he’s doing it again.
Harris is even the leading scorer for Dallas — yes, ahead of Dirk Nowitzki — with the first-round series tied heading into Game 3 in Dallas on Saturday.
Harris was in his second season in 2006 when his speed changed the series and the Mavericks knocked off the top-seeded Spurs in seven games.
The 31-year-old Harris has offensive help from Monta Ellis and a defensive stopper in Shawn Marion on his side this time. But he’s enjoying matching up with Parker again.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas School District Hosts Facebook Live Chat On School Security
- Texas Tech’s Keenan Evans’ Family Feeling Sweet
- Streaking Michigan Routs Texas A&M 99-72 In West Semifinals
- Jewelry Box Tossed In Dumpster Leads To Capital Murder Arrest
- “I Wish I Were Sorry But I Am Not”: Austin Bombing Suspect Recorded Statement On Cellphone
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures