Harris Boosts Mavs vs Spurs Again – 8 Years Later
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Devin Harris was a young lottery pick the last time he helped the Dallas Mavericks have an answer for San Antonio’s Tony Parker in the playoffs.
Eight years, three trades and one toe operation later, he’s doing it again.
Harris is even the leading scorer for Dallas — yes, ahead of Dirk Nowitzki — with the first-round series tied heading into Game 3 in Dallas on Saturday.
Harris was in his second season in 2006 when his speed changed the series and the Mavericks knocked off the top-seeded Spurs in seven games.
The 31-year-old Harris has offensive help from Monta Ellis and a defensive stopper in Shawn Marion on his side this time. But he’s enjoying matching up with Parker again.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Mavs Finalizing Deal To Bring Back Bernard James
- Plea Deal Ends Fort Worth 1983 Murder Trial
- Uptick In Labor Day Air Travel Predicted
- American Airlines Extends Solo Kids Fee
- Funds Spring Up For Fort Worth Ebola Survivor
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures