Jon Jones Ready For Latest UFC Light Heavyweight Challenge
Jon Jones went from pound-for-pound the best fighter inside the octagon to just plain pounded.
Jones took a beating, the worst one of his record reign, in a bout against Alexander Gustafsson that knocked the light heavyweight champion on the canvas for the first time in his career and put his belt in jeopardy.
Looking as human and humbled as ever, Jones wouldn’t let his hard-earned championship slip away easily and gutted out another title defense — a UFC record sixth straight — that set up him up to find another challenger of the month.
Enter Glover Teixeira. Teixeira boasts a whopping 20-bout winning streak that dates nine years and is coming off a first-round TKO of Ryan Bader.
Jones (19-1) and Teixeira (22-2) fight in the main event of UFC 172 Saturday night when the promotion makes its debut in Baltimore.
Phil Davis fights Anthony Johnson in the other headline bout
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Light Up Arlington Packs Streets For Annual Display
- Patrick Grassroots Board Dissolves Amid Tea Party Grumbling
- Flooding And FAA Almost Force Coppell To Cancel Fireworks
- Business Boom At Lake Arlington
- Somber Service For Three Children Who Drowned At Apartment Pool
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures