Maryland Transfer Cleare Signs With Texas
AUSTIN (AP) – Former Maryland center Shaquille Cleare has signed to play the rest of his college basketball for Texas.
Texas said in a statement Thursday that Cleare signed a scholarship agreement and plans to enroll in classes this summer. Although he’ll train and practice with the Longhorns, he’ll be ineligible under NCAA rules to play until the 2015-16 season when he’ll have two seasons of eligibility left.
Maryland granted Cleare and guards Nick Faust and Roddy Peters releases to transfer earlier this month.
The 6-foot-9 Cleare came to Maryland two years ago as a highly touted recruit from the Bahamas but started only 28 of 69 career games. He averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds as a sophomore last season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mesquite Special Olympian Wins Silver Medal At World Games
- Changes To Come For S. Garland High School’s Crest
- Family Of Philip Wood Waiting For Confirmation On Plane Debris
- Fort Worth Police Say Suspended Officer Had Sex While On Duty
- DISD Opens New Early Childhood Centers To Delight Of Parents
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures