Maryland Transfer Cleare Signs With Texas
AUSTIN (AP) - Former Maryland center Shaquille Cleare has signed to play the rest of his college basketball for Texas.
Texas said in a statement Thursday that Cleare signed a scholarship agreement and plans to enroll in classes this summer. Although he’ll train and practice with the Longhorns, he’ll be ineligible under NCAA rules to play until the 2015-16 season when he’ll have two seasons of eligibility left.
Maryland granted Cleare and guards Nick Faust and Roddy Peters releases to transfer earlier this month.
The 6-foot-9 Cleare came to Maryland two years ago as a highly touted recruit from the Bahamas but started only 28 of 69 career games. He averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds as a sophomore last season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Details Released On Major Oil Shipments By Rail Through Texas
- Rondo Moving On With Mavs After Outburst, Suspension
- Some Toll Roads Suspending Fees For Snow Day
- Cowtown Marathon Cancels Saturday Races, Reschedules Sunday Races
- Chain Reaction Crash Snarls Traffic On Highway 75
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures