Maryland Transfer Cleare Signs With Texas
AUSTIN (AP) - Former Maryland center Shaquille Cleare has signed to play the rest of his college basketball for Texas.
Texas said in a statement Thursday that Cleare signed a scholarship agreement and plans to enroll in classes this summer. Although he’ll train and practice with the Longhorns, he’ll be ineligible under NCAA rules to play until the 2015-16 season when he’ll have two seasons of eligibility left.
Maryland granted Cleare and guards Nick Faust and Roddy Peters releases to transfer earlier this month.
The 6-foot-9 Cleare came to Maryland two years ago as a highly touted recruit from the Bahamas but started only 28 of 69 career games. He averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds as a sophomore last season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Executes Man For 1996 Strangling, Beating Death
- Fort Worth Officer Undergoing Surgery After Being Shot Near Hulen Mall
- Plano PD Calls Special Kidnapping Safety Meeting
- Woman’s Car Impounded For Failure To Pay Tolls
- Exploding Air Bag May Have Killed Texas Man
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures