NBA To Consider Giving Refs More Replay Rights
NEW YORK (AP) – After further review, the play stands as called. Not because it was right, but because referees weren’t allowed to determine it was wrong.
NBA officials were already considering expanding referees’ instant replay options. Discussions will surely heat up this summer after two key plays in this postseason couldn’t be changed even after refs saw them on the monitor.
For now, the rules are clear about what referees can look at. But Commissioner Adam Silver says the league will “inevitably” reach a point where they can do more.
Silver’s comments Thursday came hours before Atlanta’s Jeff Teague made a 3-pointer that replays showed came after he had stepped out of bounds. Officials, however, could review only whether he shot from behind the arc.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures