RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – Rookie Kyle Larson will start from the pole position Saturday night in the NASCAR race at Richmond International Raceway after a thunderstorm arrived just in time to wash out qualifying.
The field was set based on the fastest laps run in the first practice Friday. The top starting spot comes in just the 13th Sprint Cup Series race for Larson. Larson’s top lap of 126.880 mph came on the third of 70 laps in the session.
Brad Keselowski will start on the outside of the front row, with Clint Bowyer and Kasey Kahne in the second row.
Defending race winner Kevin Harvick will start fifth, and points leader Jeff Gordon will start 25th.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bright Like A Diamond: Harvard Honors Rihanna’s Philanthropy
- No. 1 Kansas Rallies To Beat Oklahoma 73-63 On Senior Night
- Curry, Mavs Hand Heat 3rd Loss In 19 Games With 96-89 Win
- Academy Apologizes For Oscars Best Picture Gaffe
- Thousands Throng To New Orleans For Fat Tuesday Celebrations
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures