Rain Gives Rookie Larson Top Spot At Richmond
Sports Fan Insider
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – Rookie Kyle Larson will start from the pole position Saturday night in the NASCAR race at Richmond International Raceway after a thunderstorm arrived just in time to wash out qualifying.
The field was set based on the fastest laps run in the first practice Friday. The top starting spot comes in just the 13th Sprint Cup Series race for Larson. Larson’s top lap of 126.880 mph came on the third of 70 laps in the session.
Brad Keselowski will start on the outside of the front row, with Clint Bowyer and Kasey Kahne in the second row.
Defending race winner Kevin Harvick will start fifth, and points leader Jeff Gordon will start 25th.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Bar Bans NFL To Protest League’s Domestic Abuse Stance
- College Football Spotlight: Conference Perception Key As Big 12 Makes Statement
- Grand Jury To Weigh Case Of NASCAR’s Tony Stewart
- Top NFL Overreactions After Week 2
- Court Declines To Stop North Texas Woman’s Execution
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures