Texas LB Apologizes For Calling Baylor “Trash”
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas linebacker Steve Edmond has apologized for calling the reigning Big 12 champion Baylor Bears “trash.”
Edmond had made the comment Saturday after the Longhorns wrapped up spring practice with their annual scrimmage.
In a statement issued by the University of Texas athletic department Thursday night, Edmond said he apologized and expressed his respect for all Baylor has accomplished. He said he was just frustrated over being unable to play in last year’s Texas-Baylor game and had “let all that anger build up and get the best of me.” He concluded, “I won’t let that happen again.”
Edmond missed the 30-10 loss to the Bears with a lacerated liver. The victory clinched Baylor’s championship and denied Texas its first title since 2009.
The teams meet Oct. 4 in Waco.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Ink Tyron Smith To 8-Year Extension
- UNT ‘Nano’ Creation Attracts U.S. Government’s Attention
- Texas Firm Offers Space Flights For Pet Remains
- Report Finds No Cancer Clusters In Flower Mound
- Ventura Passage To Be Cut From Kyle’s “American Sniper” Book
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures