AUSTIN (AP) – Texas linebacker Steve Edmond has apologized for calling the reigning Big 12 champion Baylor Bears “trash.”
Edmond had made the comment Saturday after the Longhorns wrapped up spring practice with their annual scrimmage.
In a statement issued by the University of Texas athletic department Thursday night, Edmond said he apologized and expressed his respect for all Baylor has accomplished. He said he was just frustrated over being unable to play in last year’s Texas-Baylor game and had “let all that anger build up and get the best of me.” He concluded, “I won’t let that happen again.”
Edmond missed the 30-10 loss to the Bears with a lacerated liver. The victory clinched Baylor’s championship and denied Texas its first title since 2009.
The teams meet Oct. 4 in Waco.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Apple Expected To Show New iPhone On September 7
- Strong Keeping Longhorns Quarterback A Secret
- Cowboys Zeke: ‘Bad Decision’ To Visit Seattle Pot Shop
- New School Opens At Site Of Sandy Hook Shooting Rampage
- Man Dressed As ‘Zorro’ Arrested After False Report Of Shooting At LAX
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures