15 Life-Size Statues Of Jesus Coming To Dallas
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Groundbreaking on a new garden that will contain 15 life-size bronze statues depicting the passion and resurrection of Jesus took place at 10 a.m Saturday at the Dallas Museum of Biblical Art on Park Lane.
The new garden will be called the Via Dolorosa, and is considered a landmark for the city.
The statues are the second of their kind in the U.S., according to spokeswoman Sharon Cooper.
The man behind the statues is Gib Singleton, who also created the other set of statues that sit at the garden at Cathedral Basilica of St. Franics of Assisi in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The Dallas project costs $3 million, and is expected to bring a lot of revenue to the city.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mavericks Embarrass Heat In 2nd Half, Win 93-72
- Prime Prep, Charter School Started By Deion Sanders Closed
- Judge To Rule On Motion To End Midland Veterans Parade Crash Trial
- Specialized Veterinary Care Worth The Price For Pet Owners
- Softball Team Plays For First Time Since Fatal Crash
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures