15 Life-Size Statues Of Jesus Coming To Dallas
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Groundbreaking on a new garden that will contain 15 life-size bronze statues depicting the passion and resurrection of Jesus took place at 10 a.m Saturday at the Dallas Museum of Biblical Art on Park Lane.
The new garden will be called the Via Dolorosa, and is considered a landmark for the city.
The statues are the second of their kind in the U.S., according to spokeswoman Sharon Cooper.
The man behind the statues is Gib Singleton, who also created the other set of statues that sit at the garden at Cathedral Basilica of St. Franics of Assisi in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The Dallas project costs $3 million, and is expected to bring a lot of revenue to the city.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Unofficial Dallas Cowboys Depth Chart (July 24, 2014)
- Alleged Police Brutality In Denton
- MLB Star Knoblauch Charged In Houston With Assaulting Ex-Wife
- Formerly Conjoined Twins Celebrate First Birthday
- Trending: 50 Shades Trailer, Morgan Freeman Impression, Water Balloon Invention
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures