15 Life-Size Statues Of Jesus Coming To Dallas
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Groundbreaking on a new garden that will contain 15 life-size bronze statues depicting the passion and resurrection of Jesus took place at 10 a.m Saturday at the Dallas Museum of Biblical Art on Park Lane.
The new garden will be called the Via Dolorosa, and is considered a landmark for the city.
The statues are the second of their kind in the U.S., according to spokeswoman Sharon Cooper.
The man behind the statues is Gib Singleton, who also created the other set of statues that sit at the garden at Cathedral Basilica of St. Franics of Assisi in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The Dallas project costs $3 million, and is expected to bring a lot of revenue to the city.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: A Twitter Recap Of The Fight Of The Century
- Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao Top 5 Moments
- Floyd Mayweather Controls Pace, Defeats Pacquiao By Decision
- 2nd Annual Chris Kyle Memorial Benefit In Fort Worth
- Texas High Schools See Spike In STDs
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures