Cowboys Bring Back Spencer On One-Year Deal
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING - There is no certainty about the readiness of Pro Bowl defensive end Anthony Spencer to return to the field, a fact likely in play as he’s signed a one-year contract to return to the Cowboys.
“Happy to announce that Anthony Spencer has resigned with the Dallas Cowboys on a one-year deal,” said agent Jordan Woy via Twitter.
This is Spencer’s third one-year contract in a row with the Cowboys. But those deals were about franchise-tag dollars as he was among Dallas’ best players in 2011 and again in his 11-sack Pro Bowl season in 2012.
Last year Spencer missed all of training camp and 15 of 16 games, eventually undergoing microfracture knee surgery. He’s continuing to rehab.
In March, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones acknowledged the club’s desire to re-sign Spencer depending on his health.
“We’d certainly love to get him back, get him healthy,” Jones told 105.3 The Fan. “And if the right opportunity is there we’ll certainly look at that.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NCAA Settles Head Injury Lawsuit
- Graffiti Closes New Arlington Skate Park
- Huge Marijuana Farm Found In East Texas
- Texas Tax-Free Holiday Set For August 8-10
- Amazon Offers 3-D Printed Products
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures