Red Cross Tests New Dallas-Based ‘Digital Operations Center’
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – In preparation for expected severe weather in the greater metroplex area, the American Red Cross tested its recently unveiled Digital Operations Center between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday at its 4800 Harry Hines Blvd. location.
This was the first time the operations center was up and running, listening to conversations across DFW and monitoring nearby weather conditions.
The American Red Cross says it is helping prepare families for the storms.
“In the event of a major weather outbreak in the area, digital volunteers will be posting Red Cross shelter locations and other critical information, as well as helping community members who how and where to help,” Regional Chief communications Officer Anita Foster said.
In addition to the new ops center, remote teams from Philadelphia and Austin will provide a helping hand to the Dallas team.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Pre Game Playlist: The Side of Tamba Hali You Didn’t Know
- ERCOT Reports Record Week In Electricity Demand
- Woods In Contention At Quicken Loans After 5-Under 66
- MedStar Reports Near Drowning At Hawaiian Falls Water Park In White Settlement
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: July 27-31
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures