DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Energy Transfer Partners LP is buying Susser Holdings Corp., an operator of convenience stores that sell gas, in a deal valued at about $1.8 billion.
Energy Transfer bought Sunoco Inc. for about $5.5 billion in 2012. The company says adding Corpus Christi-based Susser to Sunoco’s more than 5,000 retail stores -which are mostly on the East Coast – will expand Sunoco’s geographic reach.
Susser operates 630 Stripes and Sac-N-Pac convenience stores in New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
The transaction will give Energy Transfer ownership of the general partner interest and incentive distribution rights in Susser Petroleum Partners LP, about 11 million Susser Petroleum common units and Susser Holdings’ retail operations.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Southbound Central Expressway Closed Due To Fatal Accident
- Halliburton, Baker Hughes Abandon $34B Merger
- Two Family Dollar Stores Robbed In Fort Worth
- Silver Alert Issued For Missing Burleson Man
- Jenny Shin Wins In Texas For First LPGA Tour Title
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures