FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Officials at Fort Hood say they’re monitoring a grass fire near a training range at the Central Texas Army post.
Fort Hood said in a news release Monday that the approximately 500-acre fire has drawn air and ground support on standby if it grows.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 p.m. near a live-fire impact area, just north of of the Blackwell multi-use range.
No injuries have been reported.
Fort Hood is about 155 miles southwest of Dallas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Former Texas Longhorn, Atlanta Falcons Great Tommy Nobis Dies
- TCU Frat Suspended For Hazing
- GOP Challenger To N. Texas Congressman Backed Roy Moore’s Alabama Senate Campaign
- City Auditor Tells Dallas Fire-Rescue ‘Significant’ Improvement Needed
- McCarthy: Packers’ Rodgers Preparing To Play This Weekend
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures