FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Officials at Fort Hood say they’re monitoring a grass fire near a training range at the Central Texas Army post.
Fort Hood said in a news release Monday that the approximately 500-acre fire has drawn air and ground support on standby if it grows.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 p.m. near a live-fire impact area, just north of of the Blackwell multi-use range.
No injuries have been reported.
Fort Hood is about 155 miles southwest of Dallas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- McKinney High School Senior Sets State Rushing Record With 599 Yards
- Rare Appearance By 5 Former Presidents At Texas A&M Concert For Hurricane Relief
- New Battle Of The Alamo Is Brewing Over Texas Shrine Revamp
- 2 Injured In Cement Mixer Crash In Tarrant County
- Texas To Receive Nearly $58 Million In Federal Housing Funds In Wake Of Harvey
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures