FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Officials at Fort Hood say they’re monitoring a grass fire near a training range at the Central Texas Army post.
Fort Hood said in a news release Monday that the approximately 500-acre fire has drawn air and ground support on standby if it grows.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 p.m. near a live-fire impact area, just north of of the Blackwell multi-use range.
No injuries have been reported.
Fort Hood is about 155 miles southwest of Dallas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Co-Stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie Married In Scotland
- Bicyclist In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Vehicle In Frisco
- Beltre, Chirinos Help Lead Rangers To 7th Straight Win
- H-E-B Issues Quality Withdrawal For Bread And Buns Due To Unbalance In Yeast
- 80-Year-Old Fort Worth Man Evicted From Home
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures