FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Officials at Fort Hood say they’re monitoring a grass fire near a training range at the Central Texas Army post.
Fort Hood said in a news release Monday that the approximately 500-acre fire has drawn air and ground support on standby if it grows.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 p.m. near a live-fire impact area, just north of of the Blackwell multi-use range.
No injuries have been reported.
Fort Hood is about 155 miles southwest of Dallas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Fort Worth Police Make Arrest In Death Of Molly Matheson
- NFL’s Wild Opening Round Could Yield More Surprises On Day 2
- Former President George HW Bush Released From Houston Hospital
- Keidel: 2017 NFL Draft First-Round Winners And Losers
- Being Fired Hurts More, Has Longer Recovery Time Than Break Up, Study Finds
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures