FORT HOOD (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Officials at Fort Hood say they’re monitoring a grass fire near a training range at the Central Texas Army post.
Fort Hood said in a news release Monday that the approximately 500-acre fire has drawn air and ground support on standby if it grows.
The fire was reported at about 1:30 p.m. near a live-fire impact area, just north of of the Blackwell multi-use range.
No injuries have been reported.
Fort Hood is about 155 miles southwest of Dallas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Cantrell Continues Testimony In Price Corruption Trial
- Former TCU QB Trevone Boykin Arrested Following Dallas Wreck
- 30 Players: Tyler Skaggs Must Stay Healthy, Perform For Angels
- Stephen Jones Open About Cowboys Draft 1 And 1-A Needs
- Ted Koppel Says Sean Hannity Is “Bad For America”
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures