Health Alert Issued After Rabid Skunk Bites Child
FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – A public health alert was issued in Farmers Branch after a 10-year-old boy was bitten by a rabid skunk.
It happened at an event with live animals over the weekend. The skunk, which bit the boy on the ankle, wasn’t a part of the event.
The skunk bit the boy on the ankle before it was captured and euthanized by Farmers Branch animal services officers. The child is undergoing treatment.
Health officials have cautioned residents to make sure their pets are vaccinated against the potentially deadly disease.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures