FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – A public health alert was issued in Farmers Branch after a 10-year-old boy was bitten by a rabid skunk.
It happened at an event with live animals over the weekend. The skunk, which bit the boy on the ankle, wasn’t a part of the event.
The skunk bit the boy on the ankle before it was captured and euthanized by Farmers Branch animal services officers. The child is undergoing treatment.
Health officials have cautioned residents to make sure their pets are vaccinated against the potentially deadly disease.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mainstream Model 3 Holds Promise & Peril For Tesla
- Target Ends NASCAR Sponsorship With Chip Ganassi Racing
- 5th Person Dies Trying To Cross Rio Grande Into Texas
- British Media Reporting That 11-Month Old Charlie Gard Has Died
- No Phone Or Internet Service For North Texas Town Today
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures