FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – A public health alert was issued in Farmers Branch after a 10-year-old boy was bitten by a rabid skunk.
It happened at an event with live animals over the weekend. The skunk, which bit the boy on the ankle, wasn’t a part of the event.
The skunk bit the boy on the ankle before it was captured and euthanized by Farmers Branch animal services officers. The child is undergoing treatment.
Health officials have cautioned residents to make sure their pets are vaccinated against the potentially deadly disease.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Coppell ISD Investigating Alleged Sexual Assault On High School Campus
- Texas Passes Softened Voter ID Law After Judge Finds Bias
- Spieth Charges, Kisner Holds On To Win Colonial By 1 Stroke
- Texas ‘Bathroom Bill’ Fading As Legislative Session Wraps Up
- Navy Parachutist Dies During Demonstration Over Hudson River
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures