FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – A public health alert was issued in Farmers Branch after a 10-year-old boy was bitten by a rabid skunk.
It happened at an event with live animals over the weekend. The skunk, which bit the boy on the ankle, wasn’t a part of the event.
The skunk bit the boy on the ankle before it was captured and euthanized by Farmers Branch animal services officers. The child is undergoing treatment.
Health officials have cautioned residents to make sure their pets are vaccinated against the potentially deadly disease.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Supreme Court Says Accused Killer Entitled To New Trial
- Father Sentenced To Prison For Providing Drugs To Teen Daughter
- Reports Of 19 Dead In Knife Attack Outside Tokyo
- Fielder Likely To Undergo Neck Surgery, Will Miss The Remainder Of The Season
- Keidel: The Bell Tolls For Le’Veon
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures