FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – A public health alert was issued in Farmers Branch after a 10-year-old boy was bitten by a rabid skunk.
It happened at an event with live animals over the weekend. The skunk, which bit the boy on the ankle, wasn’t a part of the event.
The skunk bit the boy on the ankle before it was captured and euthanized by Farmers Branch animal services officers. The child is undergoing treatment.
Health officials have cautioned residents to make sure their pets are vaccinated against the potentially deadly disease.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NBA Media Days Certain To Have Plenty Of Trump Talk
- Airbnb Launches Local Tours In NYC With Sarah Jessica Parker
- TCU & Georgia Jump Into AP’s College Football Top 10
- Kenny Hill & Running Game Push TCU Into Title Races
- Steelers’ Alejandro Villanueva Stands By Himself For National Anthem
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures