FARMERS BRANCH (CBSDFW.COM) – A public health alert was issued in Farmers Branch after a 10-year-old boy was bitten by a rabid skunk.
It happened at an event with live animals over the weekend. The skunk, which bit the boy on the ankle, wasn’t a part of the event.
The skunk bit the boy on the ankle before it was captured and euthanized by Farmers Branch animal services officers. The child is undergoing treatment.
Health officials have cautioned residents to make sure their pets are vaccinated against the potentially deadly disease.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Anisimov Has Goal, 3 Assists; Blackhawks Beat Stars 5-1
- Parsons Has 26 As Mavs Defeat Grizzlies 114-110 In OT
- Vince Vaughn’s Thoughts On The Dallas Cowboys
- Jerry Jones & Son Talk Super Bowl, QBs & T.O.
- 12-Year-Old Dead, 2 Children Critically Injured After Denton 4-Vehicle Crash
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures