105.3 THE FAN — The most stunning part of today’s show was our “redneck” discussion stemming from Snoop Dogg’s attack of Donald Sterling. Sorry, I don’t find the two comparable. As a matter of fact, I laugh when I hear the terms “redneck, honkey and cracker.” And yes, despite all the Aladdin jokes, my mom is white.
Hear the rant and New School’s reaction
This morning’s suggestion that Snoop’s “racism” was just as bad as Sterling’s is incomparable and absurd. The same ones sending me Webster’s definition and history of “redneck” should also recognize how many white people view the term as one of endearment — just turn on Duck Dynasty. I’m 32 years old and grew up in a rural part of Maryland with plenty of “country boys.” Not ONCE did I see someone get offended by the word “redneck.” To the contrary, they took pride in being recognized for wearing cammo, drinking beer and hunting deer, but that’s just me.
There’s a reason I can say the white insults on-air and not the black ones.
You want me to accept that the use of the N-word is on the same level as cracker?!?? Not in my freaking world. Many texters said that makes me ignorant and uneducated. Maybe so, but that’s not changing my mind in recognizing Donald Sterling as the bad guy here, not Snoop.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bryant Becomes First WR To Reach No. 1 On NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List
- White Sox Activate Sale Following Suspension For Cutting Up Throwback Uniforms
- Cowboys Not Presently Pursuing QB Nick Foles
- Redskins Place Former TCU WR Doctson On Physically Unable To Perform List
- Cowboys Draft Pick Dak Prescott Acquitted Of Mississippi DUI
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures