HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – Police responded to the 1000 block of Calcutta Drive in Hurst after residents reported seeing a domesticated Pot-Bellied pig roaming area streets early Tuesday morning.
Considerably smaller than standard American or European farm pigs, officers described the Pot-Bellied pig as friendly, with a small laceration on the top of its head.
A Hurst Animal Control officer responded to take custody of the animal, which was treated for the laceration and is now being tended to at the Hurst Animal Services shelter.
The pig is described as black and white in color, female, and approximately 30 lbs. Most Pot-Bellied pigs weigh between 20 lbs – 300 lbs. It doesn’t have any identification or tags.
Anyone with information may contact Hurst Animal Services at 817.788-.7216.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering Kaytlynn Cargill
- Iron Maiden Bangs Out Pick Up Soccer Game Before Show
- California AG Bans State Travel To Texas, 3 Other States
- Dallas Mavericks Select Dennis Smith Jr.
- Entrepreneurship Camp Teaches Success In Business And Life
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures