DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling managed to divide all of us into “rights” vs “right.” Freedom of speech and privacy vs bigotry and discrimination. Which side are you on?
RIGHTS: How can someone’s business just be taken from, and from words spoken in the privacy of home?
RIGHT: How could someone who thinks like that own a team in a league comprised of 70% African-Americans?
RIGHTS: RJ Choppy says it’s un-American to interfere with private ownership rights.
RIGHT: I say it’s un-American to allow someone like Donald Sterling to maintain that type of power.
RIGHTS: How would we feel if our private conversations were taped and used against us publicly?
RIGHT: If you somehow think like Donald Sterling, you should also pay the price.
RIGHTS: We are allowed to say what we want in this country.
RIGHT: Freedom of speech isn’t always free. Ignorant, racist and hateful language often comes with a price.
RIGHTS: Donald Sterling should be able to earn a living.
RIGHT: 3/4’s of NBA ownership can take that living away.
The Donald Sterling story has it all: Morals, ethics, rights and right.
Which side are you on?
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Surveillance Video Shows Speeding Problem On Duncanville Street
- Building Codes Require New Schools To Include Tornado Shelters, But Many Won’t Have Them
- Dallas Mom Survives Stray Bullet To The Head
- Flooded Homeowners Sue Houston, Alleging Negligence
- Police Arrest Man After High Speed Chase With Infant
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures