DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — DeJuan Blair played a key role in helping the Dallas Mavericks rally from 20 points down in Game 4 on Monday night. They’ll have to do without him in Game 5.
The backup center has been suspended for Game 5 of the first-round series against San Antonio for kicking the Spurs’ Tiago Splitter in the head.
Blair and Splitter got tangled up and fell to the court in the fourth quarter of San Antonio’s 93-89 victory in Dallas on Monday night. After the whistle blew, signaling a foul on Blair, he kicked his former teammate with his left foot.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W168Fdom3fI]
After Game 4, Splitter said he thought it was an accident when it happened but changed his mind when he saw the replay. Blair said it was unintentional and that he was just reacting to the call.
Blair, who is averaging 5.5 points and 4.5 rebounds in the postseason, had already amassed 12 points and 11 rebounds in just 16 minutes of play before the ejection.
He will sit out Wednesday night’s game in San Antonio. The series is tied 2-all.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- University Park Police Looking For Thief Seen In Viral Chase Video
- Ibaka, DeRozan Lead Raptors Past Mavericks 94-86
- Second Time In 3 Months Hulen Mall Has Been Locked Down
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Keating Wins Runoff Election For Frisco City Council Position
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures