DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man went on a short-lived crime spree in Dallas late Tuesday night. Police said that it started at around 11:30 p.m. when the suspect allegedly stole a Ford Explorer from an apartment complex located along Brockbank Drive, close to Walnut Hill Lane, in the northwest part of the city.
The man then drove to a nearby convenience store, took out a gun and allegedly held up the clerk inside.
Just a few minutes after that robbery, the suspect was spotted by Dallas police officers, driving erratically along Northwest Highway. Unaware of what had happened previously, the officers attempted to stop the driver. However, the suspect fled from the officers and soon crashed the stolen vehicle outside of the Pappas Bros. Steakhouse along Restaurant Row.
The suspect started to run from the crashed vehicle, but was apprehended by police outside of a bank a short distance away. Nobody was injured throughout this entire ordeal. Officials have not said what charges the suspect could face.
Crime scene detectives were called to several locations — including the apartment complex and the convenience store — to collect evidence. They were able to recover the gun and stolen property.
- North Texas Students Trek South To Help Another Football Team
- “Extremely Dangerous” Dam Failure Prompts Evacuations In Puerto Rico
- Tens Of Millions Of Dollars Remain In Past Dallas Bond Programs
- Wheels And Warbirds Come To Addison
- Big Tex, Extra Security In Place As Preparations Continue For State Fair
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures