Allen Police Searching For Suspects After Morning Bank Robbery
ALLEN, Texas (1080 KRLD) – Police in Allen are searching for several men who robbed a bank Wednesday morning.
According to police around 10:20 a.m. Wednesday morning, witnesses say two black men, who were heard speaking a foreign language, went into the Bank of Texas on Watters Road and robbed it.
Reports say one man had a long gun (rifle) and the other suspects had handguns. Another suspect stayed in a car.
Sergeant John Felty says police found the stolen getaway vehicle. They believe the suspects left the getaway car and took off in another.
As a precaution Norton Elementary and Erickson Middle school were placed on lockdown due to their proximity to the bank while police continue their search. The lockdown notice has since been lifted.
DPS helicopters and officers on the ground are currently combing the area west of the the Bank of Texas – south of West McDermot and north of Bethany Rd.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Wrong-Way Drivers Caught On Video Leaving AT&T Stadium
- Salmonella Tied To Cucumbers Sickens 9 In Texas
- Damaging Spring Floods Still Affecting Lakeside Businesses
- Tourist Accused Of Keying The Alamo Arrested
- Public Shows Support For Police During ‘Back The Blue’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures