Cowboys Exercise 5th-Year Option On Tyron Smith
IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — The Cowboys are exercising the fifth-year option for left tackle Tyron Smith while maintaining plans designed to make the young Pro Bowler a Cowboy for life.
Exercising the fifth year had to happen by May 3 to keep Smith from becoming a 2015 free agent.
The option will pay Smith $10.039 million in 2015 (the transition tag for a top-10 offensive lineman). But the Cowboys and Smith – the ninth pick overall in the 2011 draft and at 23 already an elite tackle – will nevertheless continue working out a multi-year deal.
“Tyron is going to be a Cowboy,” agent Joe Panos recently told 105.3 The Fan’s “New School,” “and he’s going to be for a long time.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 9 Things To Consider Against The Pats
- Hamels & Wife Helping Educate Kids
- Cowboys Injury Update: Lee, Hardy, McClain
- Convicted Killer Heads To Death Row; 1st In Texas In 2015
- Court Rules In Favor Of Association Trying To Block Sams Club Near Citiplace
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures