Man Charged With Slaying Of Dallas Girl, 14
DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas-area man has been charged with killing a 14-year-old girl and dumping her body in a field days after she allegedly witnessed a slaying.
Dallas police on Wednesday announced the arrest of 18-year-old Victor Vicente Jr. of Garland on a murder charge.
Online jail records Thursday did not provide information on bond or an attorney for Vicente, who’s charged in the fatal shooting of Vivian Saldana.
Investigators believe the girl was slain March 25 while in a vehicle with Vicente and another man, Jonathan Umana-Amaya. Her body was discovered April 4.
Detectives say Saldana allegedly witnessed a March 22 slaying and planned to report the killing. Umana-Amaya on April 24 was arrested on a capital murder charge in that case and was being held Thursday on $1 million bond.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Police Groups Oppose Part Of Open Carry Bill
- FIFA Corruption Case: Why Should Americans Care?
- Zimmer Says Peterson Can Play For Vikings Or Not Play At All
- McClain Joins Bryant On Offseason Missing List For Cowboys
- Dangerously Rainy, Windy North Texas Weather In 2015
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures