DALLAS (KRLD) — A Dallas pastor says he’ll forgive the thieves who ripped off his church — if they just bring back what they stole.
Pastor Rudy Owen of Oak Grove Baptist Church on Haymarket Road says a group of men in the church have been remodeling the nearly 70-year-old sanctuary for the past four months.
Monday afternoon, they showed up to do more work and noticed that one of the side-doors had been kicked in. Close to $2,000 worth of tools and a speaker were stolen.
“It’s sad to think that there are people out there that don’t have any more care, compassion or regard for God than they do than to break in and steal what is actually his,” said Pastor Owen.
He says the tools were not insured. The church of 30 congregation members will have to take money planned for the remodeling and use it to replace the tools.
Pastor Owen says he hopes the thieves will have a change of heart and return the stolen goods. If they do, he says he won’t press charges.
“They can bring them up here and drop them off in the breezeway, and there will be no questions.”
Dallas Police are still investigating.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bob Schieffer: ‘A Lot Of People Simply Don’t Trust’ Clinton
- Welcome To Texas: Hand Collection At Baylor Medical Center
- Memorial To Slain Navy Seal Chris Kyle Unveiled
- Officer Shoots Suspect Pointing Box Cutter At Deputy
- North Texan Found With Homemade Bombs, Machine Gun Gets 10 Years
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures