Top Hoops Recruit Turner To Attend Texas
AUSTIN (AP) — Myles Turner, one of the top high school basketball players in the country, said Wednesday he will play at Texas, giving the Longhorns a lineup that could challenge for the Big 12 title next season.
Turner announced his decision in a televised campus event at Euless Trinity High School near Fort Worth. The 6-foot-11 center was a McDonald’s All-American last season, averaging 18 points, 12 rebounds and nearly seven blocks.
Turner will join a Texas lineup that returns five starters from a team that went 24-11 and played in the NCAA tournament after a losing season in 2012-13. Other schools Turner considered included Duke, Kansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Allen Helps No. 14 Aggies Over No. 21 Bulldogs 30-17
- Former Fort Worth Councilwoman Dies Abroad
- Abilene Air Force Captain Among Those Killed In Plane Crash
- SMU Falls To East Carolina 49-23
- Pedestrian Hit By Car, Dies
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures