AUSTIN (AP) — Myles Turner, one of the top high school basketball players in the country, said Wednesday he will play at Texas, giving the Longhorns a lineup that could challenge for the Big 12 title next season.
Turner announced his decision in a televised campus event at Euless Trinity High School near Fort Worth. The 6-foot-11 center was a McDonald’s All-American last season, averaging 18 points, 12 rebounds and nearly seven blocks.
Turner will join a Texas lineup that returns five starters from a team that went 24-11 and played in the NCAA tournament after a losing season in 2012-13. Other schools Turner considered included Duke, Kansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pitcher Jesse Chavez, Rangers Reach $1 Mil, 1-Year Deal
- Report: Two People Shot On Southeastern Louisiana University Campus
- Brendan Haywood: ACC Has Chance To Get 10 Teams In Tournament
- Dallas House Explosion Leaves 1 Child Dead & 4 Other People Injured
- Former Plano Star Athlete Sentenced For Sexual Assault Of A Child
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures