FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Sources have confirmed to CBS 11 News that financial services company, Charles Schwab Corp., is considering moving hundreds of jobs from its California headquarters, and Texas is on the short list of new locations.
According to previous reports, Schwab’s San Francisco employees were told last year that they may be transferred to Texas or Colorado to cut operations costs.
Schwab confirms it is evaluating multiple locations for the move including Dallas and Austin, where the company already owns a large office center.
Schwab is also currently building a $230 million office campus in Denver.
The company would move approximately 1,000 of its 2,700 headquarter employees to the new location.
Earlier this week, Toyota also announced a move from California, announcing its plan to move its North American corporate headquarters to Plano, and bring thousands of jobs with it.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Corruption Cases Casts Harsh Light On NYPD Handgun Permits
- Houston Mother Fatally Shoots Two Daughters; Police Kill Her
- Ex-Deputy Gets Three Life Terms For Sexually Assaulting Girl
- Experts Demand More Effort To Save Coral Reefs
- Trump Finds Few Willing To Work For Him
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures