Charles Schwab Corp. Considering Move To North Texas
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Sources have confirmed to CBS 11 News that financial services company, Charles Schwab Corp., is considering moving hundreds of jobs from its California headquarters, and Texas is on the short list of new locations.
According to previous reports, Schwab’s San Francisco employees were told last year that they may be transferred to Texas or Colorado to cut operations costs.
Schwab confirms it is evaluating multiple locations for the move including Dallas and Austin, where the company already owns a large office center.
Schwab is also currently building a $230 million office campus in Denver.
The company would move approximately 1,000 of its 2,700 headquarter employees to the new location.
Earlier this week, Toyota also announced a move from California, announcing its plan to move its North American corporate headquarters to Plano, and bring thousands of jobs with it.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Richardson Police Arrest Teacher For Improper Relationship With Student
- Amid Outcry, Texas School Board Approves New History Books
- Teen Charged As Adult In Hit-And-Run Case
- Man In Wheelchair Dies After Saving Wife From Fire
- Mavs’ Move With Dirk Will Pay Off Come Playoff Time
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures