ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) – Arlington Police have made an arrest in the case of an 8-month-old baby who suffered serious head injuries earlier this month.
The mother’s boyfriend, 22-year-old Miguel Eduardo Garcia, has been charged with Serious Bodily Injury To A Child, a felony.
Police say the infant, Julio Cruz, was brought to Cook Children’s Medical Center on April 7, with several injuries, including multiple skull fractures and bruising to the left side of his head and eye.
Doctors determined the injuries were non-accidental and the result of trauma.
Police say the child was in the care of several adults on April 6, at his home in the 2400 block of E. Park Row Dr. His mother, Jessica Acosta, told police her baby started crying when she left him alone in the room with Garcia.
When she returned to the room, the baby was sleeping. However, when she looked at his face, it appeared swollen, according to police.
Police arrested Garcia on May 1 and booked into the Arlington City Jail. Bail is set at more than $26,000.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke
- A-List Celebs Out In Force For Women’s Marches
- Thousands Of North Texans March In Support Of Women’s Rights
- Some Push For Degree Reinstatement For Texas CPS Caseworkers
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures