UNIVERSITY PARK (CBSDFW.COM) – University Park officials are asking residents to reduce their water consumption in light of a recent reconnection of a supply line.
Residents are asked to reduce the use of automatic sprinklers to avoid an unnecessary watering from now until May 8.
The city says the reductions in usage are precautionary steps to ensure the city has enough water for emergency situations.
The city said warmer temperatures than anticipated are part of the reason for the alert. In addition, the Park Cities Municipal Water District supply line that provides water to the city was recently reconnected.
The reconnection is part of a project in Dallas near the PCMUD plant, a press release reads.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Lighting Strikes Family Car, Another Bolt Hits Close To Woman’s Home
- Pig On The Run Captured In Downtown Dallas
- Dallas Mavericks Report Inappropriate Behavior, Domestic Violence By Former Employees
- Bedford Police Seek Suspect Who Stabbed Another Man
- Sen. Donald Huffines Blasts Dallas Leader’s Stance On NRA
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures