University Park Urges Residents To Reduce Water Usage
UNIVERSITY PARK (CBSDFW.COM) – University Park officials are asking residents to reduce their water consumption in light of a recent reconnection of a supply line.
Residents are asked to reduce the use of automatic sprinklers to avoid an unnecessary watering from now until May 8.
The city says the reductions in usage are precautionary steps to ensure the city has enough water for emergency situations.
The city said warmer temperatures than anticipated are part of the reason for the alert. In addition, the Park Cities Municipal Water District supply line that provides water to the city was recently reconnected.
The reconnection is part of a project in Dallas near the PCMUD plant, a press release reads.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Service Pays Tribute To Murdered TV Reporter, Photographer
- Tarrant County Sheriff Laments How Times Have Changed For Law Enforcement
- Police Investigate Motive In Ambush Of Houston Area Deputy
- 2 Apartment Residents Robbed, 1 Shot Sunday Morning
- Man Shot During Armed Robbery At Apartment Complex
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures