WHITE SETTLEMENT (CBSDFW.COM) – Nearly 50 people are displaced after a 2-alarm fire burned through The Legacy apartments in White Settlement Sunday evening.
Fire crews were called to The Legacy, located in the 400 block of Ralph St., when a fire broke out at the two-story building.
According to White Settlement Fire Chief Brian Thompson, the fire appeared to be under control when flames suddenly spread to an attic area.
The fire was then bumped up to a 2-alarm response.
Thompson says eight units were completely lost in the fire, while neighboring units sustained smoke and water damage.
In total, 49 people were displaced. The American Red Cross will be proving shelter to those displaced residents.
No injuries were reported in the fire, but one firefighter was treated on scene for dehydration.
Temperatures peaked at 96 degrees Sunday in the Fort Worth area.
The cause of the apartment fire is under investigation.
Thompson said the fire was slightly wind-driven, which didn’t help firefighters get it under control.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trump Commends Ex-Presidents As ‘Finest Public Servants’
- Funeral Held For Soldier Killed In Niger Ambush
- Mexico Joins Legal Fight Against Texas Sanctuary Cities Law
- OT Interception Enables No. 10 Oklahoma State To Beat Texas
- Kempt Throws 3 TDs, Iowa State Dumps Texas Tech 31-13
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures