Dallas Firefighter Remains In Critical Condition
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas firefighter remains in critical but stable condition on Monday morning after being injured in a house fire on Saturday night.
The identity of the firefighter has been withheld, but sources tell CBS 11 that the firefighter suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 35 percent of his body. He is currently being treated at Parkland Hospital.
The five-year veteran was with more than 50 firefighters on Saturday night at the house fire in southeast Dallas, where three people were rescued from inside the home.
At one point, firefighters went on the offensive from inside the home. But as the flames grew, teams evacuated the home.
The injured firefighter was awake and talking with medics when transported to the hospital.
The cause of the house fire is still under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- It’s not how you start: Rangers focused on every part of marathon season
- Attempted Robber Shot In Dallas
- March Draw Attention To Needs Of Domestic Violence Victims
- Fort Worth Couple Killed In Shooting Saturday Morning
- Dallas Police Say Suspect Confesses To Murder
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures