Dallas Firefighter Remains In Critical Condition
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas firefighter remains in critical but stable condition on Monday morning after being injured in a house fire on Saturday night.
The identity of the firefighter has been withheld, but sources tell CBS 11 that the firefighter suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 35 percent of his body. He is currently being treated at Parkland Hospital.
The five-year veteran was with more than 50 firefighters on Saturday night at the house fire in southeast Dallas, where three people were rescued from inside the home.
At one point, firefighters went on the offensive from inside the home. But as the flames grew, teams evacuated the home.
The injured firefighter was awake and talking with medics when transported to the hospital.
The cause of the house fire is still under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Opponent Profile: New Orleans Saints Hope To Repeat 2013 Rout Of Cowboys
- “How Not To Fumble” With Babe & Karen
- Mansfield Teacher Dies Days After Indecency Allegations
- Parents Upset Teachers Switching Campuses 4 Weeks Into School Year
- Hospital Begins Testing Texas Babies For TB After Worker Diagnosed
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures