SAN ANTONIO (AP) — An off-duty South Texas police officer has died after being shot while closing a tattoo shop that he co-owned.
San Antonio police are seeking two masked men who opened fire just after 10 p.m. CDT Sunday on 27-year-old Balcones Heights police Officer Julian Pesina.
Balcones Heights police Chief Henry Dominguez says Pesina had worked a day shift on Sunday. The shooting happened several hours later as Pesina was closing his tattoo shop. Pesina was transported to a San Antonio hospital, where he died.
Investigators are trying to determine a motive for the shooting outside the business that Pesina owned with a relative.
Further details were not immediately available Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police: Indiana Mom Found Overdosed With Baby In Back Seat
- CBS Sports’ Steve Tasker Talks Jags-Titans On TNF, More Week 8 Games
- Romo On Cowboys Practice Field For First Time All Season
- Police Investigate Vandalizing Of Trump’s Hollywood Star
- TxDOT Preparing Equipment For Winter Weather
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures