Officer Fatally Shot Near His Tattoo Parlor
Get Breaking News First
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — An off-duty South Texas police officer has died after being shot while closing a tattoo shop that he co-owned.
San Antonio police are seeking two masked men who opened fire just after 10 p.m. CDT Sunday on 27-year-old Balcones Heights police Officer Julian Pesina.
Balcones Heights police Chief Henry Dominguez says Pesina had worked a day shift on Sunday. The shooting happened several hours later as Pesina was closing his tattoo shop. Pesina was transported to a San Antonio hospital, where he died.
Investigators are trying to determine a motive for the shooting outside the business that Pesina owned with a relative.
Further details were not immediately available Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Things You Missed: 2014 World Series, Game 3
- 5 Must Watch College Football Games This Weekend
- Dallas Cowboys Injury Report: Linebackers Back to Full Strength
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures