SAN ANTONIO (AP) — An off-duty South Texas police officer has died after being shot while closing a tattoo shop that he co-owned.
San Antonio police are seeking two masked men who opened fire just after 10 p.m. CDT Sunday on 27-year-old Balcones Heights police Officer Julian Pesina.
Balcones Heights police Chief Henry Dominguez says Pesina had worked a day shift on Sunday. The shooting happened several hours later as Pesina was closing his tattoo shop. Pesina was transported to a San Antonio hospital, where he died.
Investigators are trying to determine a motive for the shooting outside the business that Pesina owned with a relative.
Further details were not immediately available Monday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Looking For Man Who Allegedly Shot Bar Employee
- Shooting Reported At South Carolina Elementary School
- Survey: Texans Concerned About College Access & Student Debt
- Garrett: Dez Has A Slight Hairline Fracture In His Knee
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures