DALLAS (AP) – Dallas police say a 19-year-old high school student has been charged in the death of a friend in an apparent fight over a video game.
Dallas County jail records show Johnathan Turner was being held Tuesday on a murder charge with bond set at $500,000.
Online jail records do not list an attorney for Turner, who was arrested Monday at James Madison High School over the March 24 death of 18-year-old Troy Causey.
Police say the victim, who attended Wilmer-Hutchins High School, suffered a skull fracture in a fight a day earlier outside a residence. Investigators say the teens played basketball for their respective high schools and were friends.
Dallas police did not immediately provide additional details about the video game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas A&M Suspends 2 Assistants For Jokes At Women’s Clinic
- Cowboys Have ‘Sugar Plum’ Visions As Camp Opens
- Clinton Nomination Inspires Young Girls’ Ambitions
- Man Arrested For Allegedly Raping Teen He Lured Online
- Dallas City Manager Proposing More Officers, Higher Pay
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures