DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas Police are looking for two suspects involved in scamming a 65-year-old woman out of thousands of dollars of merchandise.
According to police, Virginia Rodriguez was convinced by a Hispanic couple that she could share in their $11 million lottery winnings — if she provided $35,000 in cash.
After telling the suspects that she didn’t have the cash, Rodriguez agreed to provide merchandise for the suspects in exchange for a portion of the winnings.
Rodriguez was taken to North Park Center, where she purchased various merchandise valuing in excess of $10,000 with a credit card. The items included jewelry, watches and Louis Vuitton bags.
Police have provided footage of Rodriguez shopping with the suspects at Ben Bridge Jewelers, where she purchased a TAG watch valued at over $3,000.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYHPkWi7qrI]
Anyone with information regarding the suspects is encouraged to contact Dallas Police at 214-671-3544.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former Senators/Rangers Infielder Davey Nelson Dies At 73
- Summer Movie Preview: Hollywood Roars Back Into Action
- Man Sentenced To 50 Years For Fajita Theft
- This Week In Golf: Andrew Landry Wins Valero Texas Open With Steady Play
- UT Southwestern Professor Killed Trying To Cross Highway On Foot
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures