ARCHER CITY, Texas (AP) – Pulitzer Prize-winning author Larry McMurtry has another story to tell.
The author of almost 50 books including novels, biographies and essay collections who has had simultaneous careers as a screenwriter and bookseller has a new novel out today.
In the “The Last Kind Words Saloon,” McMurtry again takes readers to the American West — this time peeking into the lives of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday as they ramble through Texas, Colorado and Arizona.
The 77-year-old McMurtry recently stood among the towering shelves of his bookstore in Archer City, where he grew up.
The writer says he’s very attached to the books and needs them. His rare and used bookstore in Archer City, 100 miles northwest of Fort Worth, contains about 200,000 volumes
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Castroneves Knows Goal Of IndyCar Changes
- Shots Fired At Deep Ellum Recording Studio, One Injured
- Drone Racing Could Be Next Sport Of Modern Age
- Trump & Clinton All But Certain To Face Off In Fall
- Takata Airbag Recall Could More Than Double In Size
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures