Officers On Horseback Patrol Texas Capitol
AUSTIN (AP) – Troopers on patrol at the Texas Capitol complex have another way to make their rounds without hopping in a vehicle or hoofing it on their own.
The Texas Department of Public Safety has started a mounted horse patrol.
Ceremonies were held Tuesday in Austin at the Capitol, where more than a million visitors make their way each year.
DPS Director Steven McCraw says the mounted horse patrol is a logical extension to the department’s security measures to protect the Texas Capitol.
The patrol currently includes three troopers and four horses.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas A&M Announces Land Deal For Expanded Student Housing
- Cowboys’ McFadden Starts Training Camp On Injured List
- Facebook Ready To Test Giant Drone For Internet Service
- American Airlines Plane Slides Deployed At DFW Airport
- Deflategate Divides Sports Commentators Across The Country
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures