Officers On Horseback Patrol Texas Capitol
AUSTIN (AP) - Troopers on patrol at the Texas Capitol complex have another way to make their rounds without hopping in a vehicle or hoofing it on their own.
The Texas Department of Public Safety has started a mounted horse patrol.
Ceremonies were held Tuesday in Austin at the Capitol, where more than a million visitors make their way each year.
DPS Director Steven McCraw says the mounted horse patrol is a logical extension to the department’s security measures to protect the Texas Capitol.
The patrol currently includes three troopers and four horses.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Texas Counties Won’t Meet New Ozone Standard
- Whole Foods Recalls Vegan Pumpkin Pies
- Top 5 Holiday Scams And How To Avoid Them
- Secret Santa Surprises Saginaw Family With Decoration
- It’s The Annual ‘Black Pieday’ At Fort Worth Pastry Shop
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures