Officers On Horseback Patrol Texas Capitol
AUSTIN (AP) – Troopers on patrol at the Texas Capitol complex have another way to make their rounds without hopping in a vehicle or hoofing it on their own.
The Texas Department of Public Safety has started a mounted horse patrol.
Ceremonies were held Tuesday in Austin at the Capitol, where more than a million visitors make their way each year.
DPS Director Steven McCraw says the mounted horse patrol is a logical extension to the department’s security measures to protect the Texas Capitol.
The patrol currently includes three troopers and four horses.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- U.S. Surges Past Panama 4-0 In Soccer Qualifier
- Thousands Of Drug Inmates Approved For Early Prison Release
- Dallas Police Look For Missing Diabetic Man
- Wal-Mart Expands Protein Bars To Main Grocery Aisles
- More Traffic Issues As TV Production Continues
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures