Beltre Hits 100 Homers With Rangers
ARLINGTON (AP) - Texas Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre has become only the fifth player in major league history to hit 100 home runs for three different teams.
Beltre, in his fourth season with Texas, hit his 100th homer for the Rangers on Wednesday night against the Colorado Rockies. It was his second this season, after hitting his first Tuesday night.
Before joining the Rangers, Beltre hit 147 homers for the Los Angeles Dodgers (1998-2004) and 103 homers for Seattle (2005-09).
The other players with 100 homers for three different teams are Darrell Evans (Atlanta, San Francisco and Detroit), Reggie Jackson (Kansas City/Oakland, New York Yankees, California), Alex Rodriguez (Seattle, Texas and Yankees) and Jim Thome (Cleveland, Philadelphia, Chicago White Sox).
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Mavericks Embarrass Heat In 2nd Half, Win 93-72
- Prime Prep, Charter School Started By Deion Sanders Closed
- Judge To Rule On Motion To End Midland Veterans Parade Crash Trial
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures