JOSHUA (CBSDFW.COM) – At just six weeks old, baby Alexis has already survived a major storm.
Alexis, her mom and dad huddled in the living room as strong winds and heavy rain pounded their mobile home.
“I heard her crying, and I picked her up and she had a cut on her nose,” said mom Kelsey White-Fryer.
She said the storm sounded like a train.
“It happened really fast it was actually really scary.”
White-Fryer says a wooden statue fell on the baby. As soon as she found the infant, they tried to make their way out of rubble.
The family has been trying to find the baby’s formula, diapers, and clothes.
They have lost nearly everything and have no insurance.
“It was so overwhelming. Everything happened all at once,” said Alexis’ father, Jeremy.
While it was overwhelming, White-Fryer says she is grateful her baby girl is alive.
“I’m more concerned about her than everything else right now.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texans Lose In Final Seconds At Patriots
- 2 Officers Injured In Crash In Fort Worth
- 1 Dead, 7 Victims Hurt In Church Shooting
- Opposition From GOP Senators Grows, Jeopardizes Health Bill
- Public Invited To Meet New Dallas Police Chief Monday
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures