Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hardy Returns Big To Cowboys, Is Dez Next?
- Twitter Suspends Desdspin, SB Nation Over NFL Copyright Complaints
- Fish On Cowboys: Time For A Pitching Change
- Team Grades: Cowboys Defense Plays Well, Offense Sputters Against Patriots
- Cowboys Fall To Brady’s Patriots 30-6
- Brady, Perfect Patriots Visit Cowboys Sans Romo, Bryant
- NFL Week 5: New England Patriots vs Dallas Cowboys
- Listen To Cowboys vs Patriots Live Play By Play On Radio (Week 5)
- Injury Report: Cowboys Defense Almost At Full Strength
- Cowboys Defensive Back Brandon Carr On The Meaning Of His Tattoos