Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- RG3 Loses Starting Job To Kirk Cousins
- Deflategate Talks End With No Deal; Judge To Rule This Week
- Bills Release Arlington Lamar’s Fred Jackson
- Cowboys ‘Deep Blue’ Captures Romo/Quincy Start
- Bridgewater Perfect For Vikings, Romo Solid For Cowboys
- Goodell & Brady Arrive At ‘Deflategate’ Hearing
- Cowboys First-Teamers ‘In Good Place’ After Vikings Effort
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Cowboys Think They Can Replace Scandrick
- Are The Cowboys Really Searching For Cornerbacks?