BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Flip Trigger On Tyron, Frederick, Get Under Cap
- NBA Joins NFL In Warning Texas Over Proposed ‘Bathroom Bill’
- Abbott Slams NFL Over ‘Bathroom Bill’ Criticism
- Romo To Be Released? That Idea Has Always Made The Most Sense
- Agent Steinberg Guiding Vince Young Back To NFL
- Bill Parcells Thinks He Would Vote For Terrell Owens For Hall Of Fame
- KT’s 2017 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
- Jeff Cavanaugh’s 2017 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
- Jury Selection To Begin In Ex-NFL Star’s Latest Murder Trial
- Raiders Say Las Vegas Stadium Financing On Track