Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Lose McClain To 4-Game Drug Suspension
- 5 Recent Cowboys’ Player Suspensions For Violating NFL Substance Abuse Policy
- Cowboys + Dez Get Close, As A Domino Must Fall
- Hyundai Replaces General Motors As NFL Auto Sponsor
- Tom Brady’s ‘Deflategate’ Appeal Begins At NFL Headquarters
- Cowboys QB Romo Back Strong, Misses No Offseason Workouts
- Cowboys Rookie OT Chaz Green Undergoes Surgery
- Cowboys Vs. Dez: ‘Cool’ Meets ‘Sympathetic’
- FBI Says Phoenix Man Eyed Super Bowl Attack
- Dallas Cowboys To Host St. Louis Rams In Oxnard