Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
Sports Fan Insider
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top 10 Athlete-Celebrity Look Alikes
- Cowboys Make Roster Moves On First Day Of Training Camp
- ‘How Will Romo Look’ And ‘All Eyes On Rookie Demarcus Lawrence’
- Jerry Jones: Not A ‘Make-Or-Break’ Year For Garrett
- Babe Previews Cowboys Training Camp From Oxnard
- 7 Ex-NFL Players Appeal Terms Of Concussion Deal
- Former Dallas Cowboy Robert Newhouse Dies At 64
- 6 NFL Rookies Already In The Spotlight
- Cowboys To Bring WR Dezmon Briscoe To Camp
- NFL’s Top-Selling Jersey Belongs To Manziel