BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lewis, Urlacher, Moss, Seymour Among Pro Football Hall Semifinalists
- Cowboys Getting Good Injury News For Thanksgiving Game
- NFL Extends Deal To Play Game In Mexico Through 2021
- Cowboys Fans Have Much To Say After Painful 37-9 Loss To Eagles
- Former Cowboys WR Terry Glenn Killed In Early Morning Car Accident
- Onlookers Gather As Iconic Georgia Dome Imploded In Downtown Atlanta
- Cowboys Boss Jerry Jones Demands Goodell ‘Accountability,’ Won’t ‘Pipe Down’
- Trump Tweets Raiders’ Lynch Should Be “Suspended” For Sitting During US Anthem
- Jerry Jones Dishes On Goodell As Cowboys Lose To Eagles
- Eagles Gash Cowboys Defense In Route To 37-9 Win