Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
Sports Fan Insider
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hatcher Sees New Level Of Hate In Cowboys-Redskins
- Goodell Told To Testify In Ray Rice Appeal
- 90’s Vs Now: Comparing The Triplets
- Request Denied To Remove Judge On Peterson Case
- British Government Wants An NFL Team In London
- Dallas Cowboys’ Jason Garrett Not Worried About Job Right Now
- Recusal Hearing Set For Peterson Case Judge
- Jim Nantz Talks Chargers vs. Broncos on ‘Thursday Night Football’
- Jerry Jones: Snyder Should Keep Redskins Name
- Opponent Profile: Washington Redskins Hope For Improvement In Rivals Game Against Cowboys