BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NY Giants Release Kicker Josh Brown After Abuse Admissions
- Fan Dies After Falling While Leaving Broncos Football Game
- Cowboys Battle Eagles With NFC East Lead On The Line
- Bettis, Lewis, Gonzalez, Woodson Named As Pro Bowl Legend Captains
- Anderson, Booker Ignite Broncos In 27-9 win Over Texans
- 4-time Pro Bowl RB Arian Foster Retires
- Dallas Cowboys Return To Practice Following Bye Week
- Dallas Cowboys Studs And Duds: Rookies Riding High in 2016
- Kickers Miss Short Field Goals, Seahawks, Cards End In 6-6 Tie
- Cowboys Week 7 Injury Report: Injured Starters Nearing Return In Bye Week