Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Peterson Tells Coach He Won’t Be At OTAs
- AP Sources: Goodell Will Not Recuse Self From Brady Appeal
- Scandrick Feels ‘Blessed’ By 1-Year Extension With Cowboys
- Former Players: NFL Teams ‘Conspired’ To Push Painkillers
- Cowboys Will ‘Kick Tires’ On RBs Ben Tate, Felix Jones
- Super Bowl Heading South In 2019 & 2020
- NFL Changing Extra-Point Kicks To 15-Yard Line
- Kraft: Patriots Won’t Appeal Team’s Fine, Draft Penalties
- Romo Tweets & Cowboys Nation Reacts
- Scandrick Could Report To Let Cowboys Practice Field Work Do His Talking