BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- KT: Top 60 Players To Watch In NFL Draft
- NFL Fans Can Look Forward To Major Changes
- Cowboys Coach Garrett Says Romo Situation ‘Status Quo’
- NFL Owners Approve Raiders Move To Las Vegas
- Stephen Jones Open About Cowboys Draft 1 And 1-A Needs
- As NFL Owners Meet, Raiders Move To Las Vegas May Happen
- Are Cowboys Nearing End Of Romo Saga?
- Cute Video: Boy Draws Fake Tattoos On His Arms Because He Wants To Be Like Dak
- Bears Sign QB Mark Sanchez To 1-Year Deal
- NFL Looking To Speed Up Games