BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Has MCL Sprain, But “Feeling Great”
- Cowboys Ron Leary Goes From ‘Trade Me’ To ‘Blessed’
- Prescott-Wentz Showdown On Horizon? Well, Romo Might Be Back
- Dez To Undergo MRI On Knee Following Cowboys Win Over Bears
- Fish Column: Kaep Vs. Ditka – Which American Is Right? Both Of Them
- HOF Coach Ditka Has ‘No Respect’ For 49ers QB Kaepernick
- How The Cowboys Are Remaking Half Of The Defense
- Bears Promoted Barkley To Active Roster, Place Houston On IR
- Adrian Peterson To Undergo Surgery, Could Return In 2016
- Sprained Thumb Leaves Struggling Bears Without Cutler vs Cowboys