Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Extra Talk About NFL Extra Point Changes
- If You’re Jerry, You Call About Adrian Peterson
- Garrett: Hardy Must Do ‘Right Things From The Beginning’
- NFL Owners Head Into Final Day Of Meetings
- Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Speaks About Controversial Greg Hardy Signing
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Spearheading Fantasy Football Convention
- NFL Unveils Plans To Mark 50th Super Bowl
- NFL Owners Shoot Down Most Replay Proposals
- Former Dallas Cowboys Aikman, Johnston React To Greg Hardy Signing
- NFL Suspending TV Blackouts For 2015 Season