Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
Sports Fan Insider
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hurting Dallas Cowboys Adding 2 Defensive Linemen
- What Is Your Current Romo ‘Panic’ Level?
- Cowboys Tyron ‘Home’ With New $100M+ Contract
- Cowboys Ink Tyron Smith To 8-Year Extension
- Jerry Not Concerned By Raiders Exploring Move To San Antonio
- Cowboys Rookie Lawrence Out With Broken Foot
- Cowboys Jerry Jones: Resting Romo Is ‘100-Percent’
- Fish With Back Talk, And Beer Talk, With Romo
- Romo To Skip Full-Pad Session For 1st Time At Camp
- Manziel’s College Jersey Up For Auction