BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Draft QB For 1st Time Since 2009
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Dallas Cowboys Bosses: Unfiltered Quotes From The NFL Draft
- Cowboys Zeke: Marketable, Flashy And Great
- Tide Could Roll In NFL Draft Round 2
- Cowboys Draft Pick Ezekiel Elliott Talks With 105.3 The Fan
- Smoking Video, College Cash Controversy Makes Laremy Tunsil Draft’s Biggest Joke
- Texas A&M’s Germain Ifedi Drafted By Seahawks To Addresses Offensive Line
- Browns Trade Down, Select Baylor WR Corey Coleman At No. 15
- Elliott Already Lofty In Cowboys Lore As No. 4 Overall Pick