BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Week 14 Injury Report: Darren McFadden Nearing Return
- Cowboys Hopeful On Tank For Giants Game
- Jerry On Romo Playing In Final Games: “I Don’t Want To Knock The Rust Off And Risk Injury”
- Kyle Wilber Explains Why Being Dak’s Locker Neighbor Is The Worst
- NFL To Play 4 Regular-Season Games In London Next Year
- Cowboys Rookies Get Another Crack At Giants
- Chiefs Hold Off Raiders 21-13 To Take Control Of AFC West
- RG3 Back In Starting Lineup For Winless Browns
- Dallas Cowboys Team Headlines: Randy Gregory’s Return In Question
- Cowboys Plan To Keep On Driving Even If Home Field Clinched