BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bucs Release RB Doug Martin After Disappointing Season
- Texans Release Veteran Linebacker Brian Cushing
- Lottery For Free NFL Draft Tickets Opens Tuesday
- Baker Mayfield Rejects Johnny Manziel Comparisons As NFL Combine Nears
- Cowboys Rico Gathers: I’m Going To Be The Next Best Tight End
- Coach: Fitzgerald Says He’ll Be Back For 2018 Season
- Johnny Manziel To Play In Spring League Scouting Event
- Officials Approve $105 Million Houston Astrodome Renovation Plan
- Ravens-Bears To Meet In Hall of Fame Game On Aug. 2
- Father Of Cowboys Head Coach Passes Away