BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Have ‘Sugar Plum’ Visions As Camp Opens
- Cowboys Not Presently Pursuing QB Nick Foles
- Redskins Place Former TCU WR Doctson On Physically Unable To Perform List
- Cowboys Draft Pick Dak Prescott Acquitted Of Mississippi DUI
- How Dwight Freeney Should Be The Cowboys Answer
- Cowboys DE Randy Gregory Checks Into Treatment Facility, Not Reporting To Camp
- NFL Teams Now Subject To Penalties For Violating Concussion Protocol
- Van In Wreck With Dallas Cowboys Staff Bus Was Turning Left
- Texans Star J.J. Watt Has Back Surgery
- Cowboys Know Romo, Bryant Only Part Of Turnaround