Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Super Bowl Ad With Tony Romo Pokes Fun At Dez Bryant “Catch”
- Cowboys-Heavy Team Irvin Wins Pro Bowl
- Petty, Mannion Among Senior Bowl QBs Trying To Be No. 3
- Incarcerated Cowboys Fan Files $89 Billion Lawsuit Against NFL
- RG3 TD Run Featured In Anti ‘Redskins’ Ad
- Trending: NFL Bad Lip Reading 2015
- Belichick “Shocked” By DeflateGate
- 5 Alternative Theories To Explain ‘DeflateGate’
- Romo Goes 2nd At NFL Pro Bowl Draft
- NFL Draft Notes Vol. I: Five I Like