Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Playoff-Bound And FishTip Says ‘At Home’ Is Good
- Cowboys Dismantle Colts 42-7 To Win NFC East
- Romo Passes Aikman As Cowboys All-Time Leader In Passing Yards
- Cowboys Injury Report: DeMarco Murray Questionable With Broken Hand
- What’s At Stake: Colts Vs Cowboys
- FCC: ‘Redskins’ Not Profane; Radio Station Keeps License
- Christie Will Travel To Texas To Root For Cowboys
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Titans Vs. Jaguars On Thursday Night Football
- Pump Fake Still An Old Standby Tool In QB’s Belt
- DeMarco Practicing With Cowboys Despite Broken Hand