BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prescott Controls Cowboys At Camp, Quite A Switch In A Year
- Cowboys Corner Lewis Found Not Guilty On Assault Charges
- Cowboys Agree To Extension With La’el Collins
- Report Finds Brain Disease In Most Football Players
- Cowboys Cut Lucky Whitehead Over Shoplifting Charge
- Jerry Jones Backs Elliott, Puts On Pre-Camp Show For Cowboys
- Romo Believes Ezekiel Elliott Will “Figure It Out And Be Fine”
- Cowboys Bring Back LB Justin Durant For 2nd Stint
- Reliable LB Durant: ‘I’m Returning To Cowboys’
- Rookie Jourdan Lewis Will Be In Court To Start Cowboys Camp