Browns Take Johnny Football With 22nd Pick
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Browns QB Johnny Manziel Apologises To Fans, Team After Rehab Stint
- Dez Says ‘I’m Making The Decisions Now’
- Adrian Peterson Reinstated To NFL
- Eagles Fans Remind Christie He’s Not In Dallas
- No Winston Or Mariota At NFL Draft
- Johnny Manziel At Rangers Game Days After Leaving Rehab
- Anthony Spencer Signs With Saints
- Steelers Star Polamalu Reportedly Retiring
- Dallas Cowboys Announce 2015 Preseason Schedule
- Denver Broncos CB Aqib Talib Involved In Dallas Nightclub Incident