DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas district court judge has imposed a series of probationary requirements against a 20-year-old man convicted of raping a schoolmate.
Sir Young was convicted in the 2011 rape of a 14-year-old girl when he was 18 at a Dallas high school. Young was initially sentenced to five years of probation but with no standard conditions of probation for sex offenders.
The judge who sentenced him, Jeanine Howard, had questioned whether the victim embellished her story and said Young was “not your typical sex offender.”
The sentence sparked a backlash. Howard recused herself and prosecutors asked the court to reconsider the terms of Young’s probation.
Judge Carter Thompson on Thursday imposed the standard terms, which include attending sex offender treatment and having no contact with children.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Comedian, Civil Rights Activist Dick Gregory Dies At 84
- Cowboys Top Colts 24-19 In Third Preseason Game
- Derek Holland Thanks Rangers Fans On Pitcher’s Mound
- Tensions Rise During Rally Against White Supremacy In Dallas
- Jaylon Smith Makes First NFL Tackle
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures