DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The annual Katy Trail 5k run that was scheduled for Thursday has been cancelled due to severe weather.
A tweet from the Katy Trail Twitter account said “WE HAVE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO CANCEL THE KATY 5K TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL THOSE PARTICIPATING.”
The event was scheduled to happen ‘rain or shine’ according to the website – but after a severe weather system rolled across North Texas Thursday afternoon, organizers changed their minds.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 90-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor Foils Mugger, Suspect Arrested
- Survivor Recalls Fear, Anger On Day Of Pearl Harbor Attack
- Pfizer Fined For Hiking Epilepsy Drug Price 2,600-Percent In UK
- Study: ‘Obamacare’ Repeal-Only Would Make 30M Uninsured
- Wagner Comes Up Big As Michigan Edges Texas 53-50
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures