DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The annual Katy Trail 5k run that was scheduled for Thursday has been cancelled due to severe weather.
A tweet from the Katy Trail Twitter account said “WE HAVE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO CANCEL THE KATY 5K TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL THOSE PARTICIPATING.”
The event was scheduled to happen ‘rain or shine’ according to the website – but after a severe weather system rolled across North Texas Thursday afternoon, organizers changed their minds.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fire Destroys Collin County Home
- Latest DPD Recruiting Class Inspired By Tragedy
- Unbalanced Diets Could Cause Copper Toxicity
- Seventy Years In Police Work And Still Going Strong
- Keller ISD Taking Heat For ‘Opt Out’ Option On Watching Inauguration
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures