Katy Trail 5K Cancelled Due To Weather
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The annual Katy Trail 5k run that was scheduled for Thursday has been cancelled due to severe weather.
A tweet from the Katy Trail Twitter account said “WE HAVE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO CANCEL THE KATY 5K TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL THOSE PARTICIPATING.”
The event was scheduled to happen ‘rain or shine’ according to the website – but after a severe weather system rolled across North Texas Thursday afternoon, organizers changed their minds.
WE HAVE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO CANCEL THE KATY 5K TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL THOSE PARTICIPATING.—
Katy Trail (@KatyTrail) May 08, 2014
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Fares Back On Orbitz After Deal
- College Football Announces Championship Weekend Events
- Rangers Place Adduci On Concussion DL, Call Up Rua
- Garage Explosion Kills 1, Injures Another
- Federal Judge Halts Key Part Of Texas Abortion Law
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures