DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The annual Katy Trail 5k run that was scheduled for Thursday has been cancelled due to severe weather.
A tweet from the Katy Trail Twitter account said “WE HAVE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO CANCEL THE KATY 5K TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL THOSE PARTICIPATING.”
The event was scheduled to happen ‘rain or shine’ according to the website – but after a severe weather system rolled across North Texas Thursday afternoon, organizers changed their minds.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Andrus, AL West Champ Rangers Get By A’s 5-0
- Highland Village Store Evacuated; HazMat Crews Called
- Crews Searching For Two Men In Cedar Creek Lake
- TCU Gets Win Over SMU 33-3 Behind Two Hill TDs
- New Smithsonian Museum Chronicling Black History Opens
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures