Rangers Promote 2 Infielders From Frisco
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) - The Texas Rangers have promoted two infielders from Double-A Frisco in place of the veteran second basemen who have shared that role.
Infielders Luis Sardinas and Rougned Odor had their contracts selected Thursday when Texas put Donnie Murphy was put on the 15-day disabled list with a neck strain and designated Josh Wilson for assignment.
Right-hander Scott Baker was designated for assignment a day after pitching 5 1-3 innings in relief in his Rangers debut.
Odor was in the starting lineup at second base for his major league debut. He hit .421 with three homers his last nine games in Frisco. Sardinas made his major league debut earlier this season with three games for the Rangers.
Murphy has started 18 games at second base, and Wilson started 16.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Savvy Shopping Mom Pays It Forward At Christmas
- Lewisville PD Identify Police Shooting Suspect
- Patients Feel The Pinch Of Higher Generic Drug Prices
- DFW Gas Prices Falling In Time For The Holidays
- Oil Boom Brings New Focus To Univ. Of Texas’ Land
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures