Rangers Promote 2 Infielders From Frisco
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (AP) - The Texas Rangers have promoted two infielders from Double-A Frisco in place of the veteran second basemen who have shared that role.
Infielders Luis Sardinas and Rougned Odor had their contracts selected Thursday when Texas put Donnie Murphy was put on the 15-day disabled list with a neck strain and designated Josh Wilson for assignment.
Right-hander Scott Baker was designated for assignment a day after pitching 5 1-3 innings in relief in his Rangers debut.
Odor was in the starting lineup at second base for his major league debut. He hit .421 with three homers his last nine games in Frisco. Sardinas made his major league debut earlier this season with three games for the Rangers.
Murphy has started 18 games at second base, and Wilson started 16.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ft. Worth Doctor With Ebola Has Church’s Prays
- One Dead Two Injured After Overnight Burglary
- John Wiley Price’s Pastor and Church Stand Behind Him
- Police Confirm Body Found Is That Of Missing Woman
- Tribute Flag Found At Flea Market Given To Soldier’s Mother
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures