Winds Destroy Homes & Cause Injuries In Johnson County
Get Breaking News First
JOHNSON COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – It is believed that straight line winds caused serious damage and injuries in Johnson County.
Officials in Joshua say a mobile home was destroyed and at least two other homes seriously damaged just west of the city.
“I don’t have information about the injuries other than at least one injury is very, very, serious,” said Jamie Moore with the Johnson County Emergency Management Office. “But don’t have any specifics on the injuries themselves or how many people.”
While all information is tentative, Moore also said the winds, “… did not swirl around like you would see in a tornado and it happened very quick. Unfortunately we have had injuries… and some severe injuries as a result of that. I believe that some patients have been transported by CareFlite.”
The condition of those injured isn’t known.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Protecting Your Family From Measles, Cyclosporiasis
- Children Face Increased Risk In Hot Cars As Temps Rise
- Collapsed Traffic Sign Leaves NB 820 Closed In Hurst
- Jerry Jones: Not A ‘Make-Or-Break’ Year For Garrett
- Yankees Top Rangers 2-1 In Rain-Shortened Game
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures