Winds Destroy Homes & Cause Injuries In Johnson County
JOHNSON COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – It is believed that straight line winds caused serious damage and injuries in Johnson County.
Officials in Joshua say a mobile home was destroyed and at least two other homes seriously damaged just west of the city.
“I don’t have information about the injuries other than at least one injury is very, very, serious,” said Jamie Moore with the Johnson County Emergency Management Office. “But don’t have any specifics on the injuries themselves or how many people.”
While all information is tentative, Moore also said the winds, “… did not swirl around like you would see in a tornado and it happened very quick. Unfortunately we have had injuries… and some severe injuries as a result of that. I believe that some patients have been transported by CareFlite.”
The condition of those injured isn’t known.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Matthews Agrees To Four-Year Deal With The Mavs
- Police Chase Ends In Mountain Creek Lake; 2 Arrested
- Johnson County On Alert After Fourth Of July Terror Attack Warning
- When Watching Kids In The Pool, Where You Sit Matters
- Family Of 3 Siblings Who Drowned Need Money For Funerals
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures