JOHNSON COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – It is believed that straight line winds caused serious damage and injuries in Johnson County.
Officials in Joshua say a mobile home was destroyed and at least two other homes seriously damaged just west of the city.
“I don’t have information about the injuries other than at least one injury is very, very, serious,” said Jamie Moore with the Johnson County Emergency Management Office. “But don’t have any specifics on the injuries themselves or how many people.”
While all information is tentative, Moore also said the winds, “… did not swirl around like you would see in a tornado and it happened very quick. Unfortunately we have had injuries… and some severe injuries as a result of that. I believe that some patients have been transported by CareFlite.”
The condition of those injured isn’t known.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers Wallop Mariners 14-1
- Trump Says He And Mexican President Discussed Wall, Not Payment
- Cowboys Lee: ‘I’m Fine – And Coming Back Better’
- Rangers RP Jeffress To Enter Rehab Following DWI Arrest
- Report: Texas Should Reduce Campus Transients After Murder
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures