DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Fans of a New York Times best seller, turned feature film are lining up by the hundreds in Dallas.
The stars of “A Fault In Our Stars” are expected to appear at an event at Gilley’s Dallas this afternoon.
Hundreds of “fault fanatics,” fans of the book started lining up in the early morning hours.
Gilley’s is expecting at least 3,000 of them to show up for the event to meet the stars of the upcoming movie and the author of the New York Times best selling novel.
They’re prepared to wait all day with snacks, umbrellas evening sleeping bags.
The book is a hit among teenage girls, but the line is filled with moms and dads too. The first to get in line was Steve Sanchez and his daughter DD who drove over three hours from Dripping Springs.
“So John Green wrote a book called called, “The Fault In Our Stars,” and it’s a love story between two cancer patients. It’s just a great story and it’s very well written and I became a huge fan after I read it. Then my mom read it and now my dad’s reading it,” said DD.
The movie opens June 6.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- More Than 100 Dead In Mexico Earthquake
- FC Dallas Midfielder Victor Ulloa Rattled, Family Touched By 7.1 Earthquake
- Annexation Fight Intensifies In McKinney
- Scammers Swap Phone Number With Legit Business, Customers Pay Price
- Dallas County Marshals Out Of A Job Amid Accusations
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures