DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The push to bring in new jobs is heating up in Denton, which may soon host a Sriracha factory.
Dallas state Rep. Jason Villalba will meet with the CEO of Huy Fong Foods, which makes the spicy sauce, to discuss bringing the factory to North Texas.
A representative from Huy Fong Foods said the company is struggling due to the sauce’s pungent taste. Sriracha is made from sun ripened chilies, which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic.
The fiery sauce is for sale at most Asian supermarkets and a select number of major supermarket chains such as Albertsons and Ralphs, according to the company website.
Austin-based candy makeer Lollyphile sells a Sriracha Bacon Lollipop online.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gang Member On Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender List Caught
- Texas Attorney General’s $100K Gift Came Despite Agency Rules
- On The Rise: Kelly Kraft Has Time On His Side
- On Announcement Of Upcoming Release, Highland Park Classmates Remember John Hinkley Jr.
- Ice Bucket Challenge Leads to ALS Research Breakthrough
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures