DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The push to bring in new jobs is heating up in Denton, which may soon host a Sriracha factory.
Dallas state Rep. Jason Villalba will meet with the CEO of Huy Fong Foods, which makes the spicy sauce, to discuss bringing the factory to North Texas.
A representative from Huy Fong Foods said the company is struggling due to the sauce’s pungent taste. Sriracha is made from sun ripened chilies, which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic.
The fiery sauce is for sale at most Asian supermarkets and a select number of major supermarket chains such as Albertsons and Ralphs, according to the company website.
Austin-based candy makeer Lollyphile sells a Sriracha Bacon Lollipop online.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DFW Airport Expects Increase In Holiday Travel
- Dallas Cowboys Still Headline Thanksgiving
- Arrest Made In 2012 Arlington Double Murder
- Signed Harper Lee Novels Offered For $1,500
- Report: Former Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested In Kansas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures