Virgin America Likely Winner Of Gate Fight
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The city of Dallas will likely announce tomorrow it will approve Virgin America to use two gates up for grabs at Dallas Love Field.
Sources told CBS-11 that negotiations continued this weekend.
Besides Virgin America, Southwest and Delta Airlines pushed hard to get to use the gates as well. Although a consultant hired by the city favored Southwest, the U-S Justice Department made it clear to the city last week that it would reject Southwest or Delta’s use of the gates.
The feds said they will only allow Virgin America use them because it would boost competition and lower airfares at Love Field.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Zoo Launches Wild Program At Children’s Medical Center
- Early Morning Robbery At Gunpoint On SMU Campus
- Don’t Be Surprised About Winston’s Views On Paying College Athletes
- 6 NFL Rookies Already In The Spotlight
- Too Much Garrett Kool-Aid In Cowboys Blue
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures