DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Three days after a storm pulled the bricks off the church, the New Beginnings Covenant Church in west Dallas held service Sunday.
Other area churches had offered to share their space with the church, but Pastor Vincent Young said his congregation was determined to hold service at their church – even if it meant holding service in the parking lot.
This is not a first for this small Dallas church.
Three years ago a storm tore the roof off the building.
“We’ve been through this trial before,” said Pastor Young. “We stand on our faith that God is going to make everything alright for us; so we don’t have a sad story but we have a glorious story about how God is good to us.”
The National Weather Service said it was straight-line winds that damaged the church. On Thursday, the winds in parts of Dallas reached up to 80 miles an hour.
©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Armed Robber Steals $100K From Bank In Fort Worth
- Welcome To Texas: Texas Country Reporter
- Officer’s Rape Conviction Set Aside After Accuser Admits Lie
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: How Can The Stars Recover Against The Blues
- BREAKING: Worker Rescued From Trench In Irving
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures