FORT WORTH, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Two Forth Worth firefighters were seriously injured while fighting a housefire Monday afternoon.
According to reports, Firefighters Deglen Isbell and Gino Agnello were working in the attic of a two story house in the 12800 block of Campolina Way in far north Fort Worth when they both fell through the ceiling to the first floor.
The 20-foot fall injured 19-year veteran Isbell when he landed on his airpack, strapped to his back, and suffered a serious back injury.
3-year veteran Agnello landed on his side and broke his arm in the fall.
Officials say both were admitted to the hospital for further treatment. It is unknown at this time how long they will be hospitalized.
Investigators believe the fire started when the house was struck by lightning during the storm.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mavericks Re-sign 13-Time All-Star Dirk Nowitzki
- Wednesday’s Warriors: Fit Steps For Life
- Vaccines Made Easy For Dallas County Students
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot In Fort Worth
- Astronaut Tweets Superb Image Of Moon Shot By Spaceship
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures