LOS ANGELES (AP) — In a move to spur sales of the Xbox One and catch up with rival Sony’s PlayStation 4, Microsoft says it will start selling the console without the Kinect sensor, which cuts $100 from the price.
The new price of $399 begins June 9.
Microsoft says it is also allowing entertainment apps like Netflix to be used without having to pay for an Xbox Live Gold membership, which costs $60 a year.
The membership will continue to be required for multiplayer games but will also provide discounts on games and free games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vigil Held For 8 Mass Shooting Victims In Plano
- Local Puerto Ricans Worried As Maria Bears Down On Island
- 18-Year-Old Accused Of Repeatedly Raping 67-Year-Old Woman
- Newlywed Evacuees Waiting On FEMA Aide: ‘We Lost It All, Please Help’
- Frisco Heritage Students Take Homecoming Pictures Inside IKEA
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures