LOS ANGELES (AP) — In a move to spur sales of the Xbox One and catch up with rival Sony’s PlayStation 4, Microsoft says it will start selling the console without the Kinect sensor, which cuts $100 from the price.
The new price of $399 begins June 9.
Microsoft says it is also allowing entertainment apps like Netflix to be used without having to pay for an Xbox Live Gold membership, which costs $60 a year.
The membership will continue to be required for multiplayer games but will also provide discounts on games and free games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- Texas Gives Herman 5 Years, Minimum Of $25 Million
- Keys, Lightbulbs Tied To Thomas Edison Sell At Dallas Auction
- Texas Officials: 1 Killed, 7 Injured In Cheerleader Bus Crash
- Ertz, Kansas State Defeat TCU 30-6
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures