LOS ANGELES (AP) — In a move to spur sales of the Xbox One and catch up with rival Sony’s PlayStation 4, Microsoft says it will start selling the console without the Kinect sensor, which cuts $100 from the price.
The new price of $399 begins June 9.
Microsoft says it is also allowing entertainment apps like Netflix to be used without having to pay for an Xbox Live Gold membership, which costs $60 a year.
The membership will continue to be required for multiplayer games but will also provide discounts on games and free games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Zoo Hippo Loses Calf After Giving Birth
- School Walkouts, Sit-Ins Planned After Florida Shooting
- Man Rescued After Driving Into Construction Hole In Irving
- Home Burglary Suspect Keeps Dallas Neighborhood On Edge
- Business Owner Says Square Holding More Than $7,000 Of His Money
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures