Microsoft Unbundles Kinect From Xbox One
LOS ANGELES (AP) — In a move to spur sales of the Xbox One and catch up with rival Sony’s PlayStation 4, Microsoft says it will start selling the console without the Kinect sensor, which cuts $100 from the price.
The new price of $399 begins June 9.
Microsoft says it is also allowing entertainment apps like Netflix to be used without having to pay for an Xbox Live Gold membership, which costs $60 a year.
The membership will continue to be required for multiplayer games but will also provide discounts on games and free games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dyson-Tolleson Discussion
- Get Buzzed Or Make Gains With New Protein Beer
- 39 Undocumented Immigrants Found In Back Of Big Rig
- Irving Releases Threatening Emails
- Richardson Homeowners Oppose School District’s Bus Barn Plan
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures