Microsoft Unbundles Kinect From Xbox One
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) – In a move to spur sales of the Xbox One and catch up with rival Sony’s PlayStation 4, Microsoft says it will start selling the console without the Kinect sensor, which cuts $100 from the price.
The new price of $399 begins June 9.
Microsoft says it is also allowing entertainment apps like Netflix to be used without having to pay for an Xbox Live Gold membership, which costs $60 a year.
The membership will continue to be required for multiplayer games but will also provide discounts on games and free games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Takeaways From Dull Summer Box Office
- Donnie Wahlberg & Jenny McCarthy Wed
- “Halo” Makers Discuss Live Action Series
- Baylor Tops SMU 45-0 In Stadium’s Debut
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy For Gamers
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures