VA Teams Conduct Face-to-Face Audit in North Texas
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – VA clinics in Dallas, Fort Worth and Bonham are under scrutiny from an audit team this week.
VA Secretary Eric Shinseki ordered the audit for all VA clinics last week.
The order came after new allegations across the country of veterans dying while waiting for care at VA facilities.
CBS11 has learned a team from the inspector general’s office was also visiting the North Texas VA system this week.
CBS 11’s I-Team has done extensive reporting on veteran complaints regarding VA health care. Click below to for complete coverage:
- Veterans Waiting For VA Care Left In Worse Condition
- Veterans Dying Waiting On Disability Benefits
- North Texas VA Built Up Massive Health Consultation Backlog
- Oversight Committee Had Problems Getting VA Hospital Answers
- Dallas Congresswoman Calls For Change At Local VA Hospitals
- Family Blames Dallas VA Hospital For Vet’s Death After Botched Surgery
- I-Team: VA Workers Say Poor Conditions Led To Complaints
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 4 Injured In Grayson County Plane Crash
- Dallas Family Makes It Out Of Burning Home Uninjured
- Mother Arrested For Abandoning 7-Year-Old Daughter After Evening At The Spa
- Fort Worth Demolishes Homeless Camp, Scattering 80 People
- Police: 2 Dead, 1 Hurt In Dallas Biker Gang Shooting
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures